Please enter your email address, a new password will be emailed to you.
Terms & Conditions
City of Las Vegas (the “City”) is committed to providing a safe and secure online environment for its participants across a variety of City facilities. The following guidelines regarding the use of technology, social media, internet and City device usage has been set in place to prevent any unauthorized and inappropriate practices.
Guidelines for City Participants:
The City provides devices and technology for educational, recreational, enrichment, and learning purposes. Approved social media is to be used only by City staff during program hours and for educational, recreational, and enrichment purposes. All social media accounts and profiles will be managed and directed by City staff.
- Participants shall be considerate of their behavior and engagement when communicating with others and sharing content in social media and program/park spaces. Participants must be aware that any content or information shared privately through social media or a City electronic device can still be viewed, accessed, and distributed by others – even their peers. When using the City network and/or electronic devices, participants should expect the city to be able to access, view, record, check, receive, monitor, track, and log any social media activity.
- Participants shall engage in appropriate privacy practices and respect the privacy of others. Participants shall exercise good judgment when using the built-in camera and recording capabilities of City electronic devices. Participants must always obtain permission from City staff before taking pictures, recording video, or recording audio of any person. Permission must be obtained before posting such material online.
- Participants shall not share confidential information about themselves or others. Sharing personal information about oneself, family, peers, staff, or others can lead to safety and privacy concerns. Personal information includes, but is not limited to, one’s full name, address, phone number, school, and birthday.
- Participants must represent themselves honestly and ethically online and in person, and are not to mislead others by impersonating another person, student, staff, or any other person.
- Participants should be aware that all City staff are mandated reporters of suspected child abuse. Should information posted on social media suggest that a minor is being abused or involved in sexual exploitation, or of danger to him/herself or others, City staff employees are required to report this information to the appropriate authorities.
- Participants must restrict their access to age-appropriate, educational, and enrichment content when using City electronic devices or network resources. Accessing, producing, or posting inappropriate material may lead to serious consequences.
- Participants must always behave lawfully and refrain from encouraging others to act unlawfully. Unlawful activities that can be conducted through social media includes:
Blackmail and Extortion
Prejudice and Hate Crimes
- Participants must take responsibility for helping to create a safe recreational environment on and offline by reporting bullying to a trusted CLV staff member. Participants must refrain from participating or contributing to cyber bullying, which is bullying through digital means such as via text, image, video, message, website post, social media activity, or other forms of communication sent by an electronic device.
- In facilities offering technology-based programs, City equipment is provided for participant use. Participants requesting to utilize their own accessories must check with the intended facility for compatibility. The City is not responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged personal items.
- All City participants are expected to:
Be familiar with and follow the guidelines
Adhere to this Technology Equipment Use Guidelines for Participants